There are various online databases that can be used to search for tests that have been reported in the scholarly literature available via the Monash Library homepage by using your Monash authcate. These include:
- Monash's internal discovery tool for library holdings
- PsycINFO - Search for terms in the "Tests and Measures (tm)" field, e.g. stait trait anxiety inventory.tm
- Proquest Theses and Dissertations Global
- ERIC - Narrow your search by selecting "Tests/Questionnaires" from the "Research Instrument" list
- OVID Medline
- CINAHL Plus - Enter search terms and select "Instrumentation" from the drop-down search options
- Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HAPI)
Tips for using scholarly databases when looking for tests:
- The appendices of many articles or theses will sometimes include a copy of the tests used in the methodology. To access these you can enter the relevant keywords (i.e. test name/abbreviation) and "append*" when searching.
- Refine the results by looking at the search settings as some databases can restrict searches to full-copy tests.
- If the database does not have special search fields to assist in finding a test, you can search by entering the keyword and entering an additional term such as "test", "questionnaire", "assessment", or "measurement" to refine your search.