Qualtrics is a web-based survey creation and distribution platform that assists in the creation and customisation of surveys. You can use Qualtrics to administer surveys/inventories either online or face to face. It is an easy to use tool with a lot of flexibility. For example, you can upload pictures, videos and sounds and nearly everything is customisable. Qualtrics also allows you to download your data in many different versatile formats (e.g. Excel, SPSS, CSV) and from specific time periods. Additionally, you can use Qualtrics in tandem with Inquisit to create integrated experiments online.
Accessing and using Qualtrics
Qualtrics is accessed via the Virtual Laboratory (vLab). For instructions how to access the vLab, head to the vLab page here.
Once you have logged on the vLab, click on the Qualtrics application icon. You will access Qualtric's homepage where you will see all your current projects, their status (e.g. active) and how many responses you have. To create a new project press the green create project button.
- If it is your first time using Qualtrics then you can visit the Qualtrics University Beginning to Build tutorial through the Qualtrics website to get you started.
- Qualtrics online also houses a number of great resources on their website that you may find useful when setting up your study.
- The following Qualtrics Beginner Tutorial video (9:59") is great for introducing you to the basics:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- On the My Projects page, click the dropdown to the right of the project you want to share to access the Project Actions.
- Choose Share Project.
- Click User and Group Address Book.
- Select the user or user group you want to share with from the list and click Add Selected. Use the search bar in the top right corner of the window to quickly locate your user or user group.
- Select the checkboxes for the permissions you want to grant each person or group you’ve added (click Details to further customize the Edit and View Results permissions).
- Click Save.
- Create a copy of Survey 1 - remember to give it a new name.
- Copy and paste the items from Survey 2 into the appropriate position in the new survey.
- Navigate to the Data tab of the Data & Analysis module.
- Click Export & Import, and then Export Data.
- Choose Download Data Table or Export Data with Legacy Format.
- Select your desired file format.
- Click Download.
It’s important that you follow these instructions, and don’t click “Tools” then “Export”.
The following video shows you how to export your data from Qualtrics: