Prizes and awards
The Monash Marketing Awards for Excellence have been running for more than 40 years. The awards celebrate the discipline of marketing and acknowledge those undergraduate and postgraduate students who have achieved outstanding results in individual units and courses.
Established by Monash Marketing alumni Amber Horsburgh and Julian Cole, this scholarship is available to undergraduate marketing students who don’t have immediate connections in the marketing industry.
It provides support to the successful applicant in the form of:
- mentorship for 12-months
- professional introductions
- cash prize
- 12-month AMI Student Membership.
Applicants must address the following criteria:
- Be a current 3rd year student enrolled in a relevant Monash University undergraduate degree with a Marketing major, commencing semester 1 of the year of application.
- Demonstrate a genuine commitment to pursue a career in the marketing profession. Examples may include:
- actively involved in the Monash Marketing Student Society/MINDS
- enrolled in the Global Study Program in Marketing
- undertaking a marketing internship/work experience
- starting your own business
- other relevant extra-curricular activities.
- Comply with the principle of ‘First in the Family’ to pursue a career in marketing and/or genuine financial hardship.
- Describe ways that you would make the most of the scholarship opportunities if you were the successful applicant.
- Responses to the above criteria must be submitted using the following format:
- Maximum word count of 800 words, not exceeding one A4 page
- Calibri font, 11 point
- Margins - Top 2.0cm, bottom 1.5cm, left 1.5cm and right 1.5cm
- Closing date for 2020 applications: To be advised
Applications must be emailed to Paul Loughran (Manager, Department of Marketing) at email@example.com.
Recipients of any of the undergraduate course awards are invited to also apply for the Tony Palmer - Monash Marketing Award. This award includes a cash prize and mentoring by Monash Marketing alumnus, Tony Palmer, CEO of TropicSport (formerly President of Global Brands and Innovation, Kimberly-Clark Corporation).
Previous recipients of the Tony Palmer – Monash Marketing Award