Read and Publish agreements
What are they
Read and Publish agreements (R&P) between libraries and journal publishers, support open scholarly publishing. They enable authors to publish papers in their key journals, as open access, without paying article processing charges.
What this means for you
Monash corresponding authors will save money. Instead of paying article processing fees, the Library funds open publication through its collection subscription fees.
Where can you publish?
A list of journal titles is available from CAUL, and will be updated as more agreements are put in place.
The Library is participating in negotiations with a series of publishers, and 2022 agreements are in place with Cambridge, Oxford, Springer, Wiley and others.
How to benefit from the agreements
- You need to be the corresponding author to take advantage of these agreements.
- Use your Monash email address when submitting your work to participating publishers.
- Make sure you indicate Monash University as your primary institutional affiliation.
- If you are a co-author, you may want to ensure the corresponding author is from an institution which also has these kinds of agreements in place.
- Post peer review and on acceptance, the publisher will confirm details of the R&P agreement.
Contact the Liaison Librarian for your faculty.
See this useful reference guide (PDF) for more information.