Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI)
Monash Nursing and Midwifery is a founding member of the Psi Zeta at-Large chapter of Sigma. Founded in 1922 by six nurses in the USA to support the learning, knowledge and professional development of nurses making a difference in global health Sigma has members in approximately 500 chapters in over 90 countries.
Psi Zeta at-Large chapter membership comprises Monash University, Victoria University, the University of Tasmania, Federation University, Deakin University and La Trobe university. Membership is open to outstanding nursing students from member universities, and clinicians, nurse leaders and academics for their contribution to advancing the discipline of nursing and patient care.
Member benefits include:
- Subscription to Journal of Nursing Scholarship (ranked 3/118)
- Subscription to Worldviews on Evidence Based Nursing (ranked 7/118).
- Access to an online magazine – Reflections on Nursing Leadership.
- Resources of the Virginia Henderson International Nursing Library.
- Engagement with nurse scholars and leaders from around the world.
- Leadership development and volunteer opportunities locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Professional development opportunities through Chapter and Sigma events.
- Chapter activities including grants and awards for research, education, and leadership.
- Discounted registration fee to attend Sigma events.
- Access to Travel grants, Research grants and well recognised Awards.
Find out more about the benefits of Sigma membership and how to apply through Psi Zeta at-Large chapter