Medical Student Programs
The Medical Student Programs (MSP) located within the Eastern Health Clinical School is a partnership between Monash University, Deakin University and Eastern Health. Medical students from the two universities learn together in the integrated clinical experience program and share most experiences, however, there are some practical differences due to the different curricula, timetables and academic requirements.
The Medical Student Programs' principal focus remains the development and implementation of educational programs for medical student placements with Eastern Health sites. Medical Student Programs also welcomes elective students with places available in medical, surgical and a variety of specialty units.
MSP teaching facilities and student common rooms are located at Angliss, Box Hill and Maroondah Hospitals. Students may also have clinical experience at Peter James Centre, Wantirna Health and other Eastern Health sites.
MSP co-ordinates final year General Practice placements for graduate-entry students from Deakin University. GP placements for Monash students are arranged directly by Monash University.
MSP also co-ordinates the Patient Teaching Associates program for the Eastern Health Clinical School. This program gives our students the opportunity to work with members of the public in learning skills associated with patient-centered care. This program is run in partnership with the Launceston Clinical School, University of Tasmania.
- For more information on our clinical teaching sites, please click here.
- For more information on our Student Program information, please click here.
- For more information on our GP placements for Deakin University students, please click here.
- For more information on our Patient Teaching Associate program, please click here.
- For more information on our Eastern Health Electives Program, please click here