Harriman Samuel Saragih
Harriman Saragih is an Assistant Professor in Business Innovation at Monash University, Indonesia. He specialises in delivering executive education, research, and engagement services focused on driving business innovation.
He facilitates the units of Theory and Practice of Innovative Marketing, Design Thinking for Business, and Entrepreneurial Innovation for Postgraduate executive students. He currently manages the Master of Business Innovation (MBI) program and the Executive Education program at Monash University, Indonesia.
He is a Fulbright Scholar in the Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies, Cornell University and holds Applied Data Science certification from Columbia Engineering. He has provided various executive education for both private and state-affiliated institutions. His research interests are in the areas of consumer marketing and business innovation.
- Hasudungan, A. & Saragih, H. S., (2023). Brand Awareness and Relationship Intention: The Moderating Role of Perceived Corporate Social Responsibility Dimensions. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics. Emerald Publishing. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108%2FAPJML-10-2022-0834 (ABDC: A, SJR: Q1)
- Amelia, N. & Saragih, H.S. (2023). Factors Predicting Pro-Environmental Behavior: The Case of Baby Diapers. Journal of Social Marketing. https://doi.org/10.1108/JSOCM-03-2022-0062 (ABDC: B, SJR: Q2)
- Saragih, H. S., (2021). Mining and Exploring eWOM from Twitter: Case of the Java Jazz Festival. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology. Emerald Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1108/JHTT-03-2020-0067 (ABDC: B, SJR: Q1)
- Saragih, H.S., Amelia, N. (2020). Segmentation of Music Festival Visitors by Values of Hedonia, Life satisfaction and Eudaimonia. International Journal of Event and Festival Management. Emerald Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJEFM-03-2020-0016 (ABDC: B, SJR: Q2)
- Saragih, H.S., Simatupang, T.M., Sunitiyoso, Y. (2019). From Co-Discovery to Co-Capture: Co-Innovation in the Music Industry. International Journal of Innovation Science. Emerald Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJIS-07-2019-0068 (SJR: Q2)
- Saragih, H.S, Simatupang, T.M., Sunitiyoso, Y. (2019). Co-Innovation Processes in the Music Business. Heliyon. Elsevier. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heliyon.2019.e01540 (SJR: Q1)
- Saragih, H. S. & Sinaga, F. (2019) GMF Aero Asia: Aiming for the Middle East Base. Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies. Emerald Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1108/eemcs-12-2018-0257 (SJR: Q3)
- Saragih, H.S. (2019). Views of Indonesian Consumer towards Medical Tourism Experience in Malaysia. Journal of Asia Business Studies. Emerald Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1108/JABS-04-2018-0135 (ABDC: C, SJR: Q1)
- Saragih, H.S. (2019) Co-Creation Experiences in the Music Business. Journal of Management Development, 38(6), 464-483. Emerald Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1108/JMD-11-2018-0339 (ABDC: C, SJR: Q1)
- Saragih, H. S., & Tan, J. D. (2018). Co-innovation: a review and conceptual framework. International Journal of Business Innovation and Research, 17(3), 361-377. Inderscience. https://doi.org/10.1504/ijbir.2018.10016527 (SJR: Q3)
- Saragih, H. S., Simatupang, T. M., & Sunitiyoso, Y. (2018). Multi-actor innovation in the music industry: a state-of-the-art review. International Journal of Innovation Science, 10(4), 430-453. Emerald Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1108/ijis-07-2017-0065 (SJR: Q2)
- Theory and Practice of Innovative Marketing
- Entrepreneurial Innovation
- Design Thinking
- Consumer Marketing
- Business Innovation and
- Music Business
Special Interest - The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
- Good Health and Well-Being (#3)
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure (#9)
- Responsible Consumption and Production (#12)
- Monash Indonesia Research Innovation Seed fund, (2022)
- Prasetiya Mulya School of Business and Economics, Internal Grants, (2021)
- Fulbright Grants for Indonesian Scholars, to conduct postdoctoral research in Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies, Cornell University, New York (2021)
- Internal Research Grant from School of Business and Economics, Universitas Prasetiya Mulya – “Klab Indie, Reshaping the Music Business Value Chain” (2019)
- Grant from the Sumedang Regency in Indonesia for Smart City Development (2019)
- Grant from the Indonesian Creative Economy Agency for Communication, Brand Image, and Publicity of Creative Industries Product (2018)
- Saragih, H.S. (2023). “Karen's Diner vs Mixue: mengapa ‘franchise’ asing perlu memahami perilaku konsumen lokal sebelum memulai bisnisnya”. The Conversation
- Saragih, H.S. (2022). “Mempraktikkan mindful consumption: demi kebaikan sendiri, konsumen perlu mawas diri terhadap belanjaannya”. The Conversation
- Saragih, H.S. (2022). “Dihantam pemasaran susu formula, konsumen butuh edukasi dan support system yang kuat”. The Conversation
- Saragih, H.S. (2021). “Rich Brian, NIKI, dan 88Rising di panggung Coachella: pelajaran bagi musisi dalam membangun audiens di kancah global”. The Conversation and Vice.
- Saragih, H.S. (2021). “Predicting which song will be popular, can we do that?”. The Finery Report
- Saragih, H.S. & Amelia, N. (2021) “Tiga jenis pengunjung festival musik di Indonesia menurut riset”. The Conversation
- Saragih, H.S. (2021). “Dari webinar, TikTok, hingga crowdfunding: bagaimana seniman muda bertahan selama pandemi”. The Conversation.
- Fauzi, M.A., Saragih, H.S., & Dwiandani, A. (2019). “Increasing Public’s Value-Action on Climate Change: Integrating Intelligence Analytics to Edge Devices in Industry 4.0” Student Research Expo, Technische Universität Dresden, Germany.
- Saragih, H.S. (2018). “Disruption in the Music Industry”. Prasetiya Mulya Management Forum.
- Saragih, H.S. (2017). “Push for music law reflects rise of music activists”. The Jakarta Post.
- Saragih, H.S. (2017). “Commentary: Preserving Indonesian Music Through Co-Creative Platforms”. The Jakarta Globe.
- Emerald Literati Award, Top Reviewer for the journal Arts and the Market (2020)
- Coach for the Indonesian National Team for HSBC/HKU Business Case Competition, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong (2019) – Top 6 in Global Round
- Top Reviewer in International Journal of Innovation Science (2018)
- Best Paper Presentation, Doctoral Colloquium of SBM ITB (2018)
- Postgraduate Scholarship from the Indonesian Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education (2017)
- Finalist, Coach in Business Case Competition, Asian Council for Small Business (2016)
- Best Presentation in National Scientific Paper Competition in “Blue Economy”, University of Airlangga (2012)
- Finalist, Jazz Goes to Campus, University of Indonesia (2011)