Graduate Certificate of Health Professions Education
Meet the team: L-R: Prof Debra Nestel, A/Prof Julia Harrison, A/Prof Ram Nataraja, A/Prof Simone Gibson, Ms Amanda Gentile
Health professions educators are usually also busy clinicians with many demands on their time. Our courses are flexible and tailored to the learning needs of professionals through an innovative process for completion of award degrees.
* Assessed short courses must be chosen from the eligible short courses offered by the School of Clinical Sciences at Monash Health.
HPE5100 Foundations of Health Professions Education – Semester 1, 2022 (Online Delivery)
The standard duration of this course is one year part time. Participants have a maximum of three years to complete all units.
Participants who successfully complete 2 of the assessed versions of the following short courses will be granted 6 credit points towards the GradCertHPE at Monash University:
- Technology for Education in Clinical Healthcare (EdTech)
- Learning Conversations: Feedback and debriefing practices in clinical practice and in simulation
- Quality Supervision in Health and Human Services Course
- Learning and Teaching with Simulation
- Scenario Design for Simulation-based Education
- National Health Education and Training in Simulation (NHET-SIM)
- Foundations of Health Professions Education