Bone and Muscle Health Research
2019 Bone and Muscle Health Research Group: L-R Back row: David Scott, Jakub Mesinovic, Paul Jansons. Middle row: Eleanor Thong, Ayse Zengin, Roger Zebaze, Juan Rodriguez, Fran Milat. Front row: Mavil Cervo, Carrie Ng, Ruth Fantozzi Prof Peter Ebeling, Anoohya Gandham, Carol Alonso, Cat Shore-Lorenti.
About Bone and Muscle Health Research
The Bone and Muscle Research Group (BMRG), nested within the Monash University Department of Medicine, is working to achieve:
- Falls and fracture prevention
- An advanced understanding of interactions between cardiovascular, metabolic and endocrine systems
- Healthy ageing in our local and global communities
- Better bone health for vulnerable patient populations
- Better treatment for osteoporosis patients
- Better detection of osteoporotic fractures
- Better understanding of genetic causes of atypical femur fracture and early detection and intervention/prevention
- Efficient and tailored exercise regimens for building and maintaining healthy bone
We offer a comprehensive platform for assessing bone and muscle health, physical performance and cardiovascular risk factors.