A/Prof Pouryahya is an Emergency Medicine consultant, Director of Emergency Medicine Research (DEMR) and Emergency department Ultrasound clinical lead at Monash Health, Casey hospital with special interest in Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) and Sepsis. He is also, member of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM) court of examiners (COE), Monash Health fellowship teaching program coordinator, Monash Health Biannual Victorian fellowship practice exam chair and Emirate Critical Care congress (ECCC) Faculty.
A/Prof Pouryahya's clinical research interests include POCUS, Sepsis, utility of blood gas as well as the incidence and impact of violence against ED staff.
Membership and academic activities
Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM)
- Victorian Faculty
- Court of examiners (COE)
- Primary examination viva deputy chair
- Primary and fellowship exams standard setting panel
- Best of Web reference group
Monash Health / Monash University
- Monash Emergency Research Collaborative (MERC), Monash University
- Director of Emergency Medicine Research (DEMR), Casey Hospital
- Monash Health fellowship teaching program coordinator
- Monash Health Biannual Victorian fellowship practice exam chair, coordinator and examiner
- Development of first Victorian Sepsis pathway in Monash Emergency (member of Monash health sepsis group and Casey hospital ED sepsis lead)
- Monash Health ED Ultrasound teaching and credentialing program
- Monash Health Casey ED Ultrasound clinical lead
- Emirates Critical Care Congress (ECCC) Faculty
Find out more about A/Prof Pourya Pouryahya.