Semester two arrangements update
The health and wellbeing of the Monash and wider community remains the University’s key priority.
Following the Victorian Government’s recent announcement that all of metropolitan Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire have re-entered stage three restrictions until at least 19 August, we’ve made some changes to our campus operations and learning and teaching arrangements:
- Students have the option to select most of their units in online or blended delivery mode. Some units, or components of them, will only be available face to face, and we will work with those students who are unable to attend campus on alternative arrangements.
- We will make specialist spaces available for Melbourne-based students to complete critical face-to-face assessments during the lockdown period if required; this is relevant to courses that have placements, intensive programs and immersive design projects where the delay of practical assessments would impact the student’s ability to enter placement or prolong their degree.
- Where possible, we will move the on-campus components of practicals, workshops and lab-based activities until after lockdown (from week four onwards). For some units, in order for students to be able to graduate on time, the practical components will commence from the start of the semester.
- Students based offshore will be able to undertake their practical assessments at a later, intensive assessment period.
- All lectures will be online for the remainder of 2020 and tutorials will be online until after the lockdown.
- Our food and beverage retailers have reverted to take-away only.
- Monash Sport has closed its physical premises, however is continuing to offer online services.
Like many organisations across Victoria, we are still working through all the effects of the new changes announced by the State Government.
We are committed to doing everything we can to support our community during these challenging times, and maintaining a healthy and safe University.
Visit out COVID-19 updates website for more information.