We are dedicated to investigating how the fabric of our planet can be sustained by improving the quality of air, water and biodiversity.
Our researchers investigate how international security worldwide can be strengthened in a time where conflicts, political and digital disruption are prevalent.
Work with us
What we offer
Our research impact
Monash is home to Australia’s largest network of RNA researchers and developed the first Australian COVID-19 mRNA vaccine candidate. mRNA research will lead to the rapid development of life-saving vaccines and therapeutic treatments for infectious diseases and cancers.
Monash Centre for Gender, Peace and Security
Monash’s Gender, Peace and Security Centre is focused on world-leading research on the gender dynamics of violent extremism and terrorism. The Centre is the only research centre specifically focused on the Women, Peace and Security agenda in the Indo-Pacific region.
Victorian Heart Institute
The Monash Victorian Heart Institute explores novel approaches to solving cardiovascular problems by collaborating with a world class research and innovative community outside the boundaries of health and medicine.
Securing Antarctica’s Environmental Future (SAEF)
SAEF is an Australian Government funded research initiative dedicated to the conservation of the Antarctic, led by Monash University Professor Steven Chown. With over 30 institutional partners and $46m invested so far, SAEF is delivering advanced science to strengthen Antarctic biodiversity, and is already shaping global climate change policy programs.
(Photo: A/Prof Mark Stevens / South Australia Museum)
What sets us apart?
Learn about the technology precinct, our collaborative research centres and institutes and our ability to connect the right people together to enable innovative discoveries.
Monash research portfolio View
The Research Portfolio at Monash University is led by Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), Professor Rebekah Brown (pictured right), with the aim to:
- consistently build upon the strength, networks and scale of Monash’s international research
- grow enduring partnerships with industry, government, philanthropists, NGOs and other organisations that showcases the University as a research powerhouse with the outcomes and reputation for world-leading research.
The portfolio advances institutional excellence and research performance with a particular focus on national, competitive, government, and industry funding, while proactively responding to the evolving global landscape of higher education.
It is responsible for the development and implementation of Monash’s research infrastructure strategy, including the investment in and provision of leading-edge infrastructure to support the University’s strong research community.
- Professor Rebekah Brown, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) and Senior Vice-President
- Professor Mike Ryan, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research)
- Professor Nellie Georgiou-Karistianis, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research Training)
- Professor Jacek Jasieniak, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research Infrastructure)
- Kirsten Emes, Chief of Staff to Professor Rebekah Brown
- Matthew French, Senior Director, Research Strategy and Impact
Contact us at email@example.com