Riding a motorcycle is a great way to get to Monash University and free parking is available in motorcycle areas on all campuses.
When riding a motorcycle to a Monash University campus, please follow these simple rules:
- When looking for a park, please consider how your choice might affect people with limited vision or mobility.
- Please park at least one motorcycle wheel diameter back from the road kerb to give pedestrians easy access to and from the road.
- Please do not:
- ride on footpaths or grassed areas near campus buildings, please switch off your motorbike and walk it in these areas.
- park on nature strips, garden beds or grassed areas.
- park opposite any areas reserved for people with disabilities, buses, taxis or vehicle loading.
- park on or near service access points, such as electrical supply boxes, fire hydrants, manhole covers, post boxes or rubbish bins.
- obstruct building entrances, emergency or other exits, or park beneath building stairwells.
You may be issued with an infringement notice for parking any vehicle, including a motorcycle, in violation of both state and Monash parking rules. See Parking rules for more information.