Master of Genome Analytics - How to enrol
To enrol in the course once you have received your full offer, you will need to complete steps 1-5 of the online enrolment instructions.
Please note: Some units will not be available to enrol in via WES and these will require permission from the unit coordinator and manual enrolment at Science Student Services or via Ask Monash.
|Orientation week:||17-21 July 2023|
|Semester two begins:||Monday 24 July 2023|
If you have previous studies relevant to your course, or have appropriate work experience in this area, you may be eligible for academic credit and commence at entry level 2.
If you wish to apply for credit for previous tertiary study you must read carefully the information provided on the credit webpage.
Accepting academic credit may reduce the duration of your course. Your course may be reduced from 2 years to either 1.5 years or 1 year.
Here are some things you need to do:
- Identify the units you want to study for both semesters unless you expect to complete your course earlier.
- Make sure you meet the requirements of your course by enrolling in the right core units and suitable electives – see us for course advice if you’re unsure.
- Check for prerequisites, corequisites and incompatible units.
- Some units require permission from the unit coordinator. Once you receive this permission send this along with your request to be enrolled in the unit to ask.monash
- Some Part D elective units may have prerequisites and require you to go through an application process. Your course coordinators will assist you with selection and obtaining permission.
- International students holding a student visa must enrol in 24 credit points per semester.
- Refer to the course and unit handbook. If you enrol in a unit then change your mind, don’t worry, you’ll be able to add or discontinue units later.
What happens if I don’t re-enrol on time?
You must re-enrol or apply for intermission by the close of the re-enrolment period to avoid a $325 late
re-enrolment fee. See late or failure to re-enrol and re-enrolment dates and timeline for more information.
Update your contact details
If your contact details have changed, please login to WES and update them. This will help us if we need to call you or send something to your postal address. Refer to WES help for assistance in using WES.
If you’re not sure what to do, contact us for course advice.
View the guide to science-specific Policies and Guidelines.