Key Metrics 2021
- Monash Science is ranked the best university in Australia for Chemistry according to the 2021 QS World University Rankings*.
- The Times Higher Education World University Rankings has ranked our Schools of Biological Sciences, Earth, Atmosphere and Environment, Chemistry, Mathematical Sciences, Physics and Astronomy within the top 100 (THE Rankings, 2021).
- And our academics high-impact research has contributed to Monash University ranking 3rd in Australia in the prestigious Nature Index.
- In the latest Excellence in Research for Australia national research evaluation framework, the School of Physics and Astronomy achieved the highest rating of 5 in all assessed Fields of Research and an overall rating of 5. Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Plant Biological, Zoology and Environment Science and Management achieved 5. This indicates that our research is well above world standard.
- The ShanghaiRanking’s Global Rankings of Academic Subjects (GRAS) 2021 has ranked our physics, biological sciences, chemistry and earth sciences subjects within the top 100.
* Academic Ranking of World Universities, QS World Rankings 2021.