Help and Support
University can be a confusing place- from enrolling in units to choosing your major to finding your classes, there is a lot to get your head around. To help you make sense of it all, there are plenty of people and resources to help. Below you will find information about Science Student Services, how to find a mentor who will help you settle in, science study drop in centres and more.
Science Student Services - Clayton Campus
Future & current students
- Complete our Course advice request form to see whether you’ve chosen the right units.
- Submit an Enrolment amendment form if you’re unable to make enrolment changes via WES.
Science Student Services - Malaysia campus
+60 3 5514 6000
School of Science
Building 4, Level 8
Jalan Lagoon Selatan
47500 Bandar Sunway
Selangot Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
Student administration and support services
Get more information about:
First year students - Get a mentor to help you make the transition to uni
The Monash Science Peer Mentoring Program is a collaboration between the Faculty of Science and our current senior science students. The Program helps you settle in and get connected as you start your journey through university.
- Is this your first time studying at university?
- Need someone to help you settle in?
- Would you like a senior science student to be your mentor for the first semester?
The Science Peer Mentoring Program matches you with a senior science student who will help you get settled in and make new friends as you begin your studies. With our recent transition to online and remote learning, the program has now moved entirely online for students to stay connected.
The program provides you with opportunities to meet like-minded fellow first year and senior science students at multiple weekly social events online. It doesn't matter whether your goal is to strive for academic excellence or to explore university life and all that it has to offer; your mentor will have many tips and resources to help you achieve those goals.
Each student's university experience is unique! Be part of a program where this experience is shared and new opportunities are made.
What you can get out of the program:
- A senior science student to guide and assist you as you find your feet at university life
- Opportunities to meet like-minded people in a social setting
- Lifelong friendships with fellow science students
- Support and encouragement
- A great start!
What we expect from you:
- Attend meetings/ catch-ups you have scheduled with your mentors so you can get assistance throughout your semester.
- Maintain good communication with your mentor and group.
- Respect others in the program.
- Participate in fun online activities and events.
To find out more about the program and sign up as a mentee, please click here .
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Science Transition Program
This is a Moodle site designed to help you make a smooth transition to university. Each week when you log in to Moodle you will see answers to frequently asked questions, tips on where to get lecture notes, how to access library materials, managing workload, preparing for exams and so much more!
Science study drop-in centres
Please note: Due to current circumstances, Science study drop-in centres are closed; please contact your unit co-ordinator or tutor for assistance.
Need extra help? We are here to help! We offer drop in homework centres for all students where you will find free tutoring and academic support. If you need assistance with lecture, tutorial or laboratory class content, the tutors in the learning centres can help. Many of the tutors are also instructors year units so they have extensive knowledge of the unit, assignments and assessment tasks you need to complete. Tutors can also assist with developing study plans, providing tips on study techniques and showing you how to access the range of university support services available.
For more information please see your unit's Moodle site or contact your unit coordinator.
Awards, Policies & Procedures
Access your comprehensive guide to science-specific awards, policies and procedures. This guide covers Undergraduate studies, Honours and Graduate Research (Study Away / Travel Grants).
Undergraduate course information - choosing your units
- Level one science units
- Level one science approved sequences and related majors
- Example first year study plans by major
- Example first year study plans by broad area of science
- New enrolling students – Your guide to enrolling in science
- Currently enrolled students - Tools to help you manage your studies
Academic support (Student Academic Success)
Monash students can access learning resources, free study help and academic support via Learn HQ.
Students have access to one on one consultations with learning advisers, workshops, feedback services and articles on how to perform at your best. There are also annotated copies of major assessment pieces like lab reports.