Faculty Equity Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Equity and inclusion seeks to provide equitable opportunities and expectations for individuals, regardless of gender, race, culture, disability, sexual identity or any protected attributes. It builds the foundations for an inclusive and productive workplace in which all individuals can achieve their best and diversity is valued.
The Committee seeks to advance equity, diversity and inclusion within the Faculty of Science, so that our community of staff and students feels welcome, valued and included and reflects the diversity of the Australian community.
Terms of Reference
- To report to the Dean of the Faculty, on University equity, diversity and inclusion policies, strategies and programs to will enable the Faculty to provide equitable support for all staff and students in the Faculty of Science.
- To develop and implement strategies to assist the Faculty in meeting equity, inclusion and diversity objectives.
- To provide advice to the Science Senior Management Committee (SSMC) on policy, objectives and programs concerning all equity, inclusion and diversity matters.
- To promote effective communication and understanding of the principles of equity, inclusion and diversity throughout the Faculty.
- To identify priority areas in equity, inclusion and diversity that are of relevance to the Faculty of Science.
- The committee membership shall be made up of the Chairs and Deputy Chairs of the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion committees from the schools that comprise the Faculty of Science, and a secretary and members approved by the Committee chair and the Dean of the Faculty.
- Michael Brown (Chair)
- Keran Sandhu (Secretary)
- Victoria Blair (Chemistry)
- Rico Tabor (Chemistry)
- Mike McDonald (Biological Sciences)
- Christen Mirth (Biological Sciences)
- Daniel Matthews (Mathematics)
- Kaye Morgan (Physics & Astronomy)
- Melanie Finch (Earth, Atmosphere & Environment)
- Renay Wallis (Monash HR)
- Susie Ho (Faculty Office)
- Vanessa Wong (School of Earth, Atmosphere and Environment)