WHS Regional Meeting 2024
Thriving Communities: Living well and living well together View
Living well and together requires an understanding of the intersecting medical, health, technological and systemic social issues we face - and the solutions we need to address them.
- Advancing and translating evidence to improve outcomes across the life course, from maternal health to ageing
- Improving health and wellbeing for First Nations People
- Creating healthier workplaces
- Equipping smarter health systems for data-driven improvement
- Building partnerships and co-designing solutions
- Education, training and a future-proof health workforce
Geopolitical Challenges: Protecting health across borders View
Everyone has the right to a safe, just and equal world- to live in freedom, peace and security. Delegates will explore the impact of geopolitical insecurity, armed conflict and major disruptions to populations.
- Improving refugee health and providing care during humanitarian disasters
- Health, justice and forensic medicine
- Managing the dual burden of emerging and chronic diseases
- Medicines policy: Global, regional and local leadership
- Achieving health equity across the Asia Pacific
- Coordinating investment in tomorrow’s discoveries
Climate Change and Health: How health responds to the climate emergency View
Addressing the challenges and mitigating the consequences of climate change on human health outcomes and planetary health is an urgent priority and core focus for our region.
- Mitigating climate effects on human health
- Mitigating health system effects on climate
- Building healthy and sustainable cities