Terms and Conditions
Please contact us at email@example.com for facility-specific conditions of entry information.
Monash Sport general conditions of entry
Monash Sport fosters an environment that is equitable, safe, enjoyable and non-threatening for all. We ask all members/users to be considerate and understanding of other Monash Sport members/users.
- All Monash Sport visitors and users must observe Monash Sport conditions of entry, conditions of use and etiquette guidelines and all directions from Monash Sport staff and agents at all times when in a Monash Sport facility.
- Fees and charges apply for access to facilities, programs and services managed by Monash Sport.
- All children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied by a person over the age of 16 years of age.
- No person under the age of 16 is permitted in the Monash Sport Fitness Centre or group fitness classes at any time.
- You must not solicit business on Monash Sport premises for personal financial gain from any other member/user for any purpose including but not limited to personal training, swimming instructing or coaching without written consent from Monash Sport.
- Monash University is a smoke free zone and smoking is prohibited in all Monash Sport facilities and grounds.
- Monash Sport may limit facility access, programs and services across University and/or public holidays.
- Monash Sport reserves the right to close or withdraw facilities from use at its discretion.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear must be worn at all times whilst using Monash Sport facilities. The wearing of marking shoes is prohibited in the Monash Sport Stadia.
- Bicycles, skateboards and inline skates are prohibited from use within sports centre facilities.
- Animals are not permitted inside Monash Sport buildings/facilities with the exception of animals permitted by law (e.g. guide and assistance dogs).
- The use of mobile phones and cameras in toilets and change rooms is prohibited.
- Photography, recording and videoing is not permitted unless by prior arrangement with Monash Sport.
- Alcohol may not be consumed within the sports centre and grounds. Exceptions apply where a current liquor license is held. Further details may be obtained upon request.
- Any person found using or under the influence of alcohol or illicit or function impairing drugs will be asked to leave the sports facilities immediately.
- Monash Sport users using threatening or obscene language or exhibiting behaviour that may cause injury or be considered offensive or harassing to other users and/or staff will be evicted.
- Monash Sport will not accept any responsibility for any personal property misplaced, lost, stolen or damaged while in Monash Sport facilities.
- Use of Monash Sport facilities is entirely at your own risk and you release, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Monash Sport, its employees and agents, from all claims and demands of whatever kind that may arise from the use of Monash Sport facilities.
Monash Sport Facility Hire
Monash Sport may be required to host University bookings/events, which will take precedent over casual court hire.
- Monash Sport reserves the right to change, alter or remove facility availability at any time, including if a court booking arrives more than 10 minutes late without prior notice.
- In the interest of fairness to all users, Monash Sport enforces court cancellation and additional facility or court hire charges where applicable.
- Equipment hire is available, please see our Service Desk for more information.
- The hirer of any equipment lost or damaged may incur additional fees.
We hope you enjoy your time at Monash Sport.
Fitness Centre conditions of entry
- All members and casual users must observe the Fitness Centre terms and conditions of entry, and all directions of Monash Sport staff and agents. Monash Sport reserves the right to require you to leave if this is not adhered to.
- All Fitness Centre users must follow the directions of Monash Sport staff at all times.
- Members must scan their membership card before each workout.
- A sweat towel must be used during all workouts.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear is to be worn at all times within the Fitness Centre. Jeans, work boots, thongs, sandals, slippers and open-toed shoes are prohibited.
- Customers found using the Fitness Centre under the influence of alcohol or any other function impairing drugs will be required to leave.
- It is the responsibility of customers to provide Monash Sport staff with any relevant medical history or restrictions relevant to an exercise program. You are required to inform Monash Sport of any changes in such a medical condition.
- Use of the exercise facilities is entirely at your own risk and you release, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Monash Sport Fitness Centre, its employees and agents, from all claims and demands of whatever kind which may arise from the use of the exercise facilities.
- No customer will solicit business for financial gain from any other member for any purpose. This includes, but is not restricted to, personal training or medical or dietary advice.
- Bags are to be left in the lockers or baggage compartments provided. Monash Sport will not accept any responsibility for any property you have that may have been stolen, lost or damaged while in the Fitness Centre or change rooms.
- Food, hot drinks or drinks in glass containers/bottles are prohibited within the Fitness Centre.
- No guests or visitors are allowed into the Fitness Centre unless they have permission from a staff member.
- Casual visitors to the Fitness Centre must complete a casual visit form and pay the casual visit fee.
- Children under 16 years of age are not permitted in the Fitness Centre at any time.
- Out of courtesy to other patrons, please remember to return weights and equipment to its correct position when you have finished each exercise.
- The use of training chalk is prohibited within the Fitness Centre.
- Misconduct with equipment, using obscene or profane language or exhibiting behaviour that may cause injury or is considered offensive or threatening by other members or Monash Sport
- staff will result in the immediate eviction of that person and/or withdrawal of membership.
- Photography or videoing is not permitted unless by prior arrangement with Monash Sport.
Doug Ellis Swimming Pool conditions of entry
For your safety and out of respect to other facility users, your cooperation is appreciated to ensure your visit is a pleasant one:
- Please follow all directions of Monash Sport Staff at all times
- All unauthorised use of photography/recording equipment is strictly prohibited
- Appropriate swimming attire must be worn in all aquatic areas
- Monash Sport reserves the right to refuse entry
- Please shower before entering the swimming pool
- Please do not swim if you have or have had gastroenteritis or diarrhoea
- Please do not swim under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Monash Sport and Monash University accept no responsibility for:
- Any injury to users of the facility
- Any stolen or lost personal property within the facility. Please use lockers to secure your possessions
- The following is not permitted in the facility:
- Change rooms:
- Please be respectful and courteous to others.
- Please shower with soap before entering the pool, and limit showers to 4 minutes.
- Please do not swim if you have or have had gastroenteritis or diarrhoea.
- Locker facilities are available. Monash Sport is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings in this area.
- Cameras and mobile phones are not to be used in the change rooms/toilets/showers.
- Change rooms will close 10 minutes after the advertised pool closure times.
- Change nappies in nappy areas only.
- Wash hands with soap after going to the toilet or changing nappies.
- Avoid swallowing pool water.
- All children under the age of 10 must be actively supervised by a parent/guardian aged 16 years or over.
- All children under the age of 5 must be constantly supervised and must remain within arm’s reach.
- Children over 5 years must use male/female change areas relevant to their gender or alternatively the Family Change Area.
Membership terms and conditions
- Please note that not all membership categories and payment options are compatible.
- Fitness membership does not include access to Swim Fit classes.
- Aquatics memberships are only available at the Clayton campus.
- Membership inclusions differ, please see staff for more detail.
- Direct Debit - minimum 8 fortnightly payments, maximum suspension 12 weeks per the calendar year, minimum suspension term is 1 week. Conditions apply.
- Free Health and Fitness programs and assessments are available on select membership types.