Frequently Asked Questions
Monash Sport is the home of active bodies and vibrant minds throughout Monash University and we welcome you to experience all that we have to offer across Caulfield, Clayton and Peninsula. If you cannot find the answer you are looking for below, please contact or visit us.
The first step is always the hardest, but we'll make it easier for you with a Three Day Free Trial to experience our services at our Caulfield, Clayton and Peninsula campuses, as well as the Doug Ellis Swimming Pool, at our Clayton campus.
No, Monash Sport offers a range of casual visit options, no matter which facility or service you are wanting to visit.
No, Monash Sport offers a range of different membership options whether you are a Monash University Student, Monash University Staff, or a member of the community.
You can speak with one of our Customer Service Officers or Health & Fitness Instructors at any of our locations.
Monash Sport, Level 1, Building S, Monash University
2 Princes Avenue Caulfield East, Victoria 3145
Tel: (03) 9903 2351
42 Scenic Boulevard Monash University Clayton, Victoria 3800
Tel: (03) 9905 4102
Monash Peninsula Activity & Recreation Centre (MPARC)
Building W 47-49 Moorooduc Highway Frankston, Victoria 3199
Tel: (03) 9904 4496
We have qualified Health and Fitness Instructors available to assist you from the second we open, to the moment we close.
Members* receive free, personalised exercise programs with unlimited reviews. We tailor each exercise program to the individual, taking into consideration your goals, ability, injuries and preferences! From low-impact cardio programs to muscle building to functional training routines, no two programs are the same.
*To receive a free personalised program members must be a Fitness or Fitness + Aquatics member in the following categories: direct debit, 12 months upfront, salary sacrifice, MRS, Abroad, Indigenous and Monash University scholarships.
Membership Terms and Conditions can be found here. It is a requirement that you have read and are aware of the Terms and Conditions prior to purchasing your membership.
Monash Sport does not charge a joining fee on any of our membership types.
If you are living on Campus at either Clayton or Peninsula, you have the choice of a Semester or Annual MRS membership.
At Monash Sport, we know you want a health and fitness membership that suits you, so our membership offering is specifically tailored with you in mind. Monash University staff and student discounts are also available!
- Fitness + Aquatics: Unlimited access to the Health and Fitness Centre, group fitness classes, and aquatics facilities including pool, spa, sauna, steam room and Swim Fit classes.
- Fitness: Unlimited access to the Fitness Centre and group fitness classes at all three of our locations.*.
- Aquatics: Unlimited access to the aquatics facilities including pool, spa, sauna, steam room and Swim Fit classes.
- Direct Debit: Easy fortnightly payments and flexible suspension options, if ease of access is what you are after this option is for you. Receive access to all campuses, no suspension costs*
- Upfront: Only with us for a short period of time? Our one-month membership is for you, alternatively, take advantage of some great savings and take out one of our annual membership options.
Salary Packaging: Available to all full-time and part-time Monash University staff members, salary package the cost of your membership from your pre-tax salary, and receive our top-level Fitness and Aquatics membership.
Monash Sport membership is only available to persons aged 16 years or over. If you are under 18 years old then your parent/ guardian must consent to you becoming a member by signing the application form where indicated.
You may suspend (pause/hold) your membership as follows according to your method of payment:
* Direct debit or salary packaging payment: for a minimum of 1 week (7 days) and a maximum of 12 weeks (84 days) per calendar year.
* Annual membership: for a minimum of 1 week (7 days) and a maximum of 4 weeks (28 days) of that annual membership period.
You may cancel your membership through the following methods:
* Direct Debit Memberships may be cancelled at any time after the completion of the minimum term of 8 fortnightly payments (16 weeks). Payments and facility access will stop the day prior to the next scheduled fortnightly payment date.
Direct Debit Memberships may be cancelled by completing a cancellation form at either a Monash Sport service desk or by requesting the cancellation form via email. Monash Sport requires 2 business days’ notice of cancellation prior to the next scheduled direct debit date.
* Annual memberships may not be cancelled, except by nonrenewal.
* Salary Packaging memberships may be cancelled anytime by following the link below:
No, you cannot transfer your membership and there are no refunds of membership fees.
My Monash Sport Online Portal
Our online portal allows you to register for group fitness, purchase and renew memberships and make online bookings for court sports. Login now!
Your Monash Sport membership will be processed immediately from the date of purchase.
Please visit your chosen Monash Sport Service Desk in person to activate your membership. Monash University staff/students must present their University ID card upon arrival.
Personalised programs and assessments are available for free on most membership types to help you achieve your training goals. Please speak with one of our health and fitness instructors to book an appointment.
Members are required to bring the following items in order to collect their membership:
- Photo ID (Driver's license, passport or proof of age card).
- Monash University students/staff members MUST bring a current valid Monash University ID card.
- Membership confirmation email.
Monash Sport Direct Debit memberships are charged fortnightly on a Thursday. View the Debit Calendar here. A pro-rata payment will be required on the day of joining and provide you with facility access prior to your first full fortnightly debit.
1 Month and Annual Membership payments are required in full at the time of joining.