Learn to Swim and Water Safety Program
The Learn to Swim and Water Safety Program at Monash Sport aims to familiarise participants with the aquatic environment and are designed to help participants to learn to love the water!
Our program promotes water confidence through participation in a wide variety of aquatic activities and is suitable for participants of all ages including infants, pre-schoolers, school-aged children and adults.
The program at Monash Sport aims to extend learning outcomes in a safe aquatic environment. An essential part of our curriculum is to teach adults and children from any age to understand the dangers associated with water and more importantly how to be safe around the water.
Other learning outcomes are to increase the motor development, socialisation, water safety and stroke development opportunities for the participants attending our programs. All these skills not only assist in providing transferrable learning opportunities but also lead confidence in learning to swim, a crucial life skill.
Our Learn to Swim and Water Safety classes are conducted by AUSTSWIM qualified instructors.
Learn to Swim Memberships
We offer great value Learn to Swim Memberships for our Adults, Children and Infants programs.
|Lesson Duration||Fortnightly Fee||2 Lessons per Week|
All Learn to Swim memberships payments are processed by fortnightly direct debit from a bank account or credit card. Payments are processed a fortnight in advance and are calculated on 40 lessons per annum and divided over 24 debit fortnights. There will be no debit in the first and last fortnight of the year.
- Complementary access to the Doug Ellis Swimming Pool (excluding sauna/spa/steam) to the member during our standard operating hours.
- One complementary Holiday Intensive Swimming Program will be available per annum on completion of the 12 week minimum term.
- 10% discount on merchandise
- Up to 2 Family Swim Passes are available on application per term where lessons are missed.
- Up to 2 weeks credit are available on application per term where lessons are missed due to injury or illness and where a medical certificate is provided.
Please see our Terms and Conditions
*15% discount applies to the third participant when 3 or more family members are enrolled.
*5% discount applies to concession card holders (health care/pension cards with participants name on the card)
*15% discount applies to current Monash University students (current, valid Monash University student card must be sighted)
The best way to contact us is via telephone on (03) 9905 4115.