Player Code of Conduct
All Social Sport competitors must adhere to the following Player Code of Conduct
- Remember social sport is played for the enjoyment of the sport.
- Play by the rules.
- Treat all participants as you like to be treated.
- Never argue with an official. If you disagree, have your captain approach the official during a break or after the game’s completion.
- Verbal abuse of officials and insulting other players, deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent are not acceptable.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good plays whether they are made by your team or the opposition. Remember this is a social sport competition and we are all here to have fun.
- Cooperate with your captain, teammates, umpires and opponents. Without them, there would be no competition.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants. Everyone deserves to feel comfortable and welcome. Be actively inclusive of participation. Sport is for everyone and no one should be stopped from participating.
- Assume the opposition is not trying to gain an unfair competitive edge.
- All forms of discrimination are unacceptable. No one should be discriminated against due to their gender, sexuality, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Any physical or verbal altercation will not be tolerated. The player will be removed immediately from the game and banned from our social sport competitions.
- Poor team behaviour may result in the removal of that team from the competition.