Player Code of Conduct
All Social Sport competitors must adhere to the following Player Code of Conduct
- Play by the rules.
- Never argue with an official. If you disagree, have your captain approach the official during a break or after the competition.
- Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials and sledging other players, deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent are not acceptable or permitted behaviours in any sport.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good plays whether they are made by your team or the opposition. Remember this is a social sport competition and we are all here to have fun.
- Treat all participants in your sport as you like to be treated. Do not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor.
- Cooperate with your captain, teammates, umpires and opponents. Without them, there would be no competition.
- Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Any physical or verbal altercation will not be tolerated with offending parties being immediately ejected from the match and banned from social sport. Poor team behaviour may result in the removal of that team from the competition.