Holiday Intensive Swimming Program
The Holiday Intensive Swimming Program (HISP) is a concentrated swimming and water safety program conducted over five consecutive days. The intensive nature of the swimming program allows for a greater opportunity for consolidation of swimming and water safety skills and progression.
Providing swimming lessons during the school holiday period provides a great alternative to swimming lessons throughout the term for families with busy schedules.
For those already enrolled into the Monash Sport Learn to Swim and Water Safety Program, this program will assist you in consolidating skills you need to complete in order to achieve that next level, or to kick start your progress into a new level.
Key Program Features
- Focus on developmental areas
- Opportunity for skill progression
- AUSTSWIM qualified instructors
Lesson length varies based on the level of the class:
|Level||Length of class|
|Infant classes||30 minutes|
|Levels 1 - 4||30 minutes|
|Levels 5 - 6||45 minutes|
|Levels 7 - 9||60 minutes|
|Adult Introduction, Beginner & Intermediate||30 minutes|
|Adult Advanced||45 minutes|
2022 Program Dates
- Week 1: 10 to 14 January (5-day AM and PM programs)
- Week 2: 17 to 21 January (5-day PM Program)
- Week 3: 24 to 28 January (4-day AM programs, no Wednesday class due to public holiday)
- Week 1: 11 to 14 April (4-day AM and PM programs)
- Week 1: 27 June to 1 July (AM programs)
- Week 2: 4 to 8 July (PM programs)
- Week 1: 19 to 23 September (5-day AM programs)
- Week 2: 26 to 29 September (4-day PM programs)
Please see a Customer Service Officer at the Aquatics Service Desk to register and find out more information or call the Doug Ellis Swimming Pool on (03) 9905 4115.