School Swimming Program
Swimming and understanding safety in and around the water are essential life skills that all children should have the opportunity to learn. Monash Sport provides this opportunity to Schools through the School Learn to Swim and Water Safety Program. The Doug Ellis Swimming Pool at Monash University specialises in swimming lessons for primary and secondary school groups. Our 2 indoor heated pools, one with adjustable depth and our leisure pool allow us to provide a custom-made teaching environment ideal for school children.
By learning to swim competently, students develop skills that can be used for fun, fitness, rehabilitation or as a competitive sport. Using a holistic approach, students will learn a discipline that may save a life – potentially their own.
Key Program Features
|Pre-program||A tailored program to suit your school's needs||Optional program |
- A pre-program questionnaire is provided to streamline assessments of students' swimming abilities and increase time in the water once the program commences.
- Suitable for all ages and year levels
- Flexible lesson times and intensive programs
- Flexible number of session days
- Staff-to-student ratios
- Bus shuttles
- An ‘Aquatic Activity Day’ can be incorporated to add some variety to the program
- A simulated open water experience in a water safety session increases students' understanding of water safety
- Provision of a Certificate for each student participating in the program outlining each student's achievements
- Easy transition to other Monash Sport aquatic programs for students to continue building their aquatic knowledge and understanding.
- Each student receives 2 FREE lessons in our Learn to Swim Program.*
To inquire about the Schools Aquatics Program or to make a booking, please get in touch with our Schools Aquatics Supervisor. For your convenience, we can come to your school to discuss the program further. Alternatively, a time can be arranged for you to visit the Doug Ellis Swimming Pool where you can take a guided tour of the facilities and see the program in action.
To ensure all our programs are of high quality and adhere to industry standards, all our instructors hold an AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming & Water Safety qualification, a CPR qualification and have undergone a Working with Children Check. Many instructors hold additional qualifications such as Teaching Infants, Competitive Strokes and Bronze Licence Coaching. Instructors are experienced in all levels from beginner to advanced and teach in an enjoyable, positive and professional environment.
Other programs and services offered to school groups
School Swimming Carnivals
Dry Water Safety Programs conducted at your school
Water Aerobic Sessions
Water Polo Sessions
Bronze Medallion, Bronze Star and CPR Sessions
Should you require further information or wish to visit the centre, please do not hesitate to contact the School Aquatics Program Coordinator on 9905 1157 or Sport-Aquatics-Bookings@monash.edu.