Master of Financial Mathematics - How to enrol


How to Enrol

Congratulations on being offered a place in the Master of Financial Mathematics at Monash. To formally accept your offer, you’ll need to complete your enrolment. Please select from the options below.

To enrol in the course once you have received your full offer, you will need to complete steps 1-5 of the online enrolment instructions.

You will then be required to attend the course information session where you will learn more about the course, meet with specialisation coordinators and receive help with course planning and unit selection.

Please note: Some units will not be available to enrol in via WES and these will require permission from the unit coordinator and manual enrolment at Science Student Services or via Ask Monash. You will be able to amend your unit enrolment after the course information session. This table will help you identify which units you need permission for and which units require manual enrolment.

Important dates:

Orientation week:17-21 July 2023Orientation Planner
Semester two begins:Monday 24 July 2023 


If you have previous studies relevant to your Master of Financial Mathematics, or have appropriate work experience in this area, you may be eligible for academic credit and commence at entry level 2 or 3.

If you wish to apply for credit for previous tertiary study you must read carefully the information provided on the credit webpage.

Accepting academic credit may reduce the duration of your course. Your course may be reduced from 2 years to either 1.5 years or 1 year.

Here are some things you need to do:

  • Identify the units you want to study for both semesters unless you expect to complete your course earlier.
  • Make sure you meet the requirements of your course by enrolling in the right core units and suitable electives – see us for course advice if you’re unsure.
  • Check for prerequisites, corequisites and incompatible units.
  • Some units require permission from the unit coordinator. Once you receive this permission send this along with your request to be enrolled in the unit to This table will help you identify which units you need permission for and which units require manual enrolment.
  • Some Part C units have prerequisites and require you to go through an application process. Permission to undertake these units is considered once results are released for the current semester. For the meantime, please enrol in interim units if you need to enrol in a full time study load.
  • Refer to the course and unit handbook. If you enrol in a unit then change your mind, don’t worry, you’ll be able to add or discontinue units later.

What happens if I don’t re-enrol on time?

You must re-enrol or apply for intermission by the close of re-enrolment period to avoid a $325 late re-enrolment fee.
See late or failure to re-enrol and re-enrolment dates and timeline for more information.

Update your contact details

If your contact details have changed, please login to WES and update them. This will help us if we need to call you or send something to your postal address. Refer to WES help for assistance in using WES.

More information

If you’re not sure what to do, contact us for course advice.

No content

No content

No content

No content