Team MONASH and the External Relations, Development and Alumni office are excited to be collaborating once again, this time for the 2018 Melbourne Marathon Festival!
Run or walk with your fellow students, staff and alumni, race past Melbourne’s famous landmarks, and experience the rare opportunity of finishing your run (or walk) with a lap of the hallowed turf of the MCG!
Date: Sunday 14 October 2018
Location: Batman Avenue (150m North of Rod Laver Arena), Melbourne
Registration: prices vary from $20-$155
Monash students, staff and alumni are coming together to support asylum seeker and refugee students studying at Monash by contributing to the Asylum Seeker Scholarship fund.
We raised $39,000 as part of the Run Melbourne event in July, and our goal is to reach $50,000 during the Melbourne Marathon festival. With your help, we can make this happen!
Monash University is proudly supporting this initiative and are offering a $50 Coles Myer gift card when participants raise over $150 for the cause. More information will be sent out to participants after they have registered.
How to register
- Register on the Melbourne Marathon website and select Monash University as your team, then
- Register with TeamMONASH to confirm your place on the team and ensure access to Uni Hub on the day
Benefits of being part of TeamMONASH
- Free running top (for students, staff and alumni - first time participants - limited stock so get in quick - first come, first served)
- Access to the Uni Hub marquee (in the Team Village opposite Gate 2 of the MCG precinct), where you can relax before or after the event. (Uni Hub is a partnership of Victorian universities working together to provide an amazing event experience)
- Food, drink, entertainment and cloak room services from Uni Hub