Master of Master of Food Science and Agribusiness - How to enrol
To enrol in the course once you have received your full offer, you will need to complete steps 1-5 of the online enrolment instructions.
You will then be required to attend the course information session where you will learn more about the course, meet with coordinators and receive help with course planning and unit selection. You are encouraged to make a time with the Course Coordinator if you have specific questions or circumstances (eg, credits) that affect your personal course map.
Please note: Some units will not be available to enrol in via WES and these will require permission from the unit coordinator and manual enrolment at Science Student Services or via Ask Monash. You will be able to amend your unit enrolment after the course information session.
|Orientation week:||17-21 July 2023|
|Semester two begins:||Monday 24 July 2023|
If you have previous studies relevant to your course, or have appropriate work experience in this area, you may be eligible for academic credit and either commence at entry level 2 or 3, or receive credits for specific units.
If you wish to apply for credit for previous tertiary study you must read carefully the information provided on the credit webpage.
Accepting academic credit may reduce the duration of your course. Your course may be reduced from 2 years to either 1.5 years or 1 year.
Here are some things you need to do:
- Identify the units you want to study for both semesters unless you expect to complete your course earlier.
- Make sure you meet the requirements of your course by enrolling in the right core units and suitable electives – see us for course advice if you’re unsure.
- Check for prerequisites, corequisites and incompatible units.
- Some units require permission from the unit coordinator. Once you receive this permission send this along with your request to be enrolled in the unit to ask.monash
- International students holding a student visa must enrol in 24 credit points per semester.
- Refer to the course and unit handbook. If you enrol in a unit then change your mind, don’t worry, you’ll be able to add or discontinue units later.
What happens if I don’t re-enrol on time?
You must re-enrol or apply for intermission by the close of the re-enrolment period to avoid a $325 late re-enrolment fee. See late or failure to re-enrol and re-enrolment dates and timeline for more information.
Update your contact details
If your contact details have changed, please login to WES and update them. This will help us if we need to call you or send something to your postal address. Refer to WES help for assistance in using WES.
If you’re not sure what to do, contact us for course advice.
View the guide to science-specific Policies and Guidelines.
- Some Part D units have prerequisites and require you to go through an application processes (see the Moodle Home). Permission to undertake these units is considered once results are released for the current semester. For the meantime, please enrol in interim units if you need to enrol in a full time study load. Once enrolled, please see the Course Moodle Home, for all the details on how to enrol.
- For Part D units FSC5090, and FSC5091, please go to the Course Moodle home (see 'How to Apply for Part D') for application details in the semester ahead of when you would like to undertake the unit. The aforementioned units should be taken in the final year of your degree.
- If applying for an internship, you must read the application steps and due dates for both Option A Faculty Matched and Option B Student Sourced.