Working with Children Checks (WWC)

Students who have a placement requirement as part of their course are required to apply for a Working with Children Check.

Some placement venues may allocate students to wards or sites where you will be required to engage with children. The card needs to be taken to all placements and presented to the placement venue on request.

Students need to apply online as a volunteer at the following site:

When completing the online application, in step 4 - Occupational Work codes, select 52 Educational - other institutions providing children's study or training programs.

Once your WWC card has been issued, please take your card to your school/department for sighting prior to your placement.

Further details can be obtained by referring to the Working with Children Check Application Guide.

Note: Holders of a WWC card have a responsibility to notify the Department of Justice within 21 days of any changes to your personal details.


Call us +61 3 9902 6011 or make an enquiry