Research Project and Minor Thesis
These policies apply to MNHS postgraduate coursework minor thesis MAP units (36 credit points in total) and research project MAP units (24 credit points in total). This document is based upon the Faculty of Sciences Honours program guidelines for best practice.
It is an expectation that the student has completed at least a minimum of a 6 credit point Research Methodology unit before consideration is given to allow the student to commence the Faculty MAP unit sequence.
Please note that Schools/Departments teaching research units other than MAP units are not bound by these guidelines but are encouraged to follow similar protocols.
- Academic requirements of the minor thesis and research project
- Admission requirements
- Allocation of projects and supervisors to students
- Assessment requirements
- Background information of Faculty MAP units
- Enrolment administration
- Grade descriptors (Appendix 2)
- Period of candidature
- Provision of adequate supervision
- Provision of induction information
- Relevant university policies and procedures (Appendix 1)
- Research governance
- Role of academic supervisors (Appendix 4)
- Student expectations (Appendix 5)