Reset and rejuvenate this Mindful May. Visit Monash Sport to enjoy free group fitness classes, as well as free access to their Fitness Centres and Aquatic facilities throughout May.
- Group Fitness participants must collect a class ticket from the Monash Sport service desk.
- Group Fitness classes run for 45 minutes.
- Group Fitness participants must bring their own mat to each group fitness class.
- If you are a non-Monash Sport member, please arrive ahead of the class to allow enough time to sign our waiver forms.
- Fitness Centre participants must bring a towel and wear closed-toe shoes.
- Aquatic participants must visit the Aquatics Service desk on arrival to organise access and to receive a wristband.
- For the Sauna and Steam Room, all participants must sit on a towel.
Yoga with Monash Sport
Time for zen with Monash Sport. Find some space at home, grab a mat, towel and water bottle and get ready to feel calm. This 30-minute session will focus on the relaxation, flexibility and stretches.
Pilates Workout with Monash Sport
Pilates is a form of low impact exercise that will focus on strengthening your core, along with improving your postural alignment and flexibility. This session will also help to improve general fitness and overall well-being. So grab a mat or towel and water bottle and let’s get started!
Importance of sleep
Sleep is crucial for staying healthy and staying functional with enough energy to help us last throughout the day.
Enjoy this 15-minute mindful stretching session with Emma. Mindful stretching allows us to take some time for self-care through relaxation and the release of muscle tension. It focuses on our breath, posture and being in the present.
Dr Richard "The Doc" Chambers walks you through some simple strategies for reducing the anxiety you may be feeling about COVID-19.
How to unitask
Staying focus while studying from home can, at times, feel difficult. Join Dr Richard Chambers as he takes you through some tips on working and studying at home.
Managing our media consumption can sometimes become overwhelming. Dr Richard Chambers offers some quick tips on how to manage media for better mental health and mindfulness.
Nutrition Bites: Takeaway Foods
As we are now spending more time at home, let's think about what we really get from food delivery services.
Get active with us in your living room, office or outside. To get started with these workout videos, all you need is ample space to move around, a towel, drink bottle and a positive attitude!
Have a question about an exercise? We'd love to help! Message us through our social media channels.
University Health Services resources: