Why study Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences at Monash?
The Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences at Monash University is one of Australia’s largest providers of education for doctors, nurses and allied health professionals. We offer a wide range of programs across all areas of health, and at all levels – from direct entry, right through to professional development for senior executives.
Our students are front and centre of everything we do. We work with leading healthcare providers to develop our educational programs, ensuring you gain the industry knowledge and skills to be part of the future health workforce. Our bench-to-bedside model ensures that from the first day you step into a classroom, you’ll learn from teachers who also work in clinical and research settings.
7 reasons to study with us:
- Do what you love from day one: All our undergraduate degrees are specialist courses, so you’ll focus on your chosen area of study from the start of your degree.
- Benefit from our partners: We partner with some of the state’s leading healthcare providers, including Alfred Health, Monash Health, Eastern Health and Peninsula Health, to give you access to clinical training and fieldwork placements to prepare you for your health career.
- Internationally recognised for excellence: We’re ranked in the top one per cent of universities in the world. Our research breakthroughs and teaching innovation has cemented our reputation locally and globally as a leader in medicine in health. See where we stand in our rankings.
- Global learning opportunities: Many of our undergraduate courses offer optional overseas placements, clinical exchanges or study abroad units. Gain an international perspective and experience overseas health systems, in countries like the United States, Sweden, Scotland and Vietnam.
- Multidisciplinary health community: You’ll study alongside students from all areas of health, preparing you to work collaboratively across professions in your future career.
- A globally connected alumni network: The benefits of studying at Monash continue long after you graduate – from events, career support and access to a network of over 50,000 Faculty alumni, who are making a difference in health worldwide.
- Make a difference: At Monash, we don’t just accept the status quo. You’ll be encouraged to question the answers, take action and be part of changing the world around you.
Watch this video to find out why our students chose to study with us:
Take a 360-degree virtual tour of our campus, teaching spaces and research facilities:
Take the next step
We’ve given you the why. Now it’s up to you.