There is now considerable evidence to suggest that too much sitting can have an impact on your overall health. Watch this video to learn more.
To help you with incorporating more movement into your day and ensuring that you have an ergonomic workstation set-up we have developed some new online resources.
- Ergonomics Instructional videos - these provide an overview of what to consider when adjusting your workstation
- Workstation set-up interactive tool - this allows you to assess your own desk
- Task design video - overview of what to consider when planning your work
Ergonomic Principles - online training
- This interactive module can be accessed as follows:
- on the my.monash portal select "HR & employment"
- log into "myDevelopment (access to L&D)"
- click on the "Browse for Learning" tile and select "Occupational Health & Safety" from the topics menu on the left
- select the "Ergonomic principles" online course
- Ergonomic Task Chairs Information Sheet
- Mesh Chairs Information Sheet
- Sit Stand Desks Information Sheet
- Stretching Exercises
- Workstation Setup Checklist (This checklist has been replaced with the "Ergonomic Principles" online module as described above)