10,000 Steps Challenge
- Register your team
- Don't have a team?
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- App Guide
- Prizes and giveaways
Get on board the 2017 Monash 10,000 Steps Challenge in a virtual race covering 50 amazing locations. Starting in Italy on October 23rd, the 2017 challenge will run for 42 days and journey through Europe, the United States and Africa, for those who can get that far.
Join your colleagues, friends and family in a race to a better healthier you!
Register your team
- Form a team of 5 members including one team captain (5 in total)
- Nominate a team captain and decide on a team name
- Team captains obtain the relevant information from their team members (first name, last name, email address, etc,) before completing step 4. Please note that all five members of the team have to be registered at the same time. Any changes to the team once submitted, will need to be made through the administrators at email@example.com so please check team details prior to submitting your team.
- Team captains register the team name and make payment for team members through a cost centre/fund (remember to check if your department or faculty is paying). Alternatively, if individuals are paying for themselves, the team captain will need to collect monies and pay via credit card using the payment online system. The registration fee is $15 per person for monash staff, students and their family and friends.
- Team captains then collect pedometers for their team members at designated campus locations between 17th to 20th October. Please note that pedometers can only be collected with proof of payment (invoice receipt or confirmation email) for team members who have registered and paid and indicated that they wish to receive a pedometer.
Don’t have a team?
If you don't have a team, but would like to be placed into one, please complete the form here and we will place you in a team.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you have any queries regarding the challenge, please read the FAQs
App and Devices Guide
If you have any queries regarding the use of apps and devices, please read the Guide here.
Prizes and Giveaways
Don't miss your chance to win some great prizes during the challenge. More on this to come in the coming week.
If you have any questions about the challenge please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep up-to date with the latest information on our Facebook page
For information regarding the handling of your personal information refer to:
- for staff - the HR Privacy Collection Statement
- for student - the Student Privacy Collection Statement
- others - the Monash University Privacy Collection Statement
In submitting your team registration you will be providing the personal information of others (eg. the names and contact details of your team members) you are encouraged to inform them that:
- you are disclosing that information to Monash University,
- they can access that information by contacting the Monash University Privacy Officer.