2017 Dean’s Awards for Excellence
The talent and dedication of outstanding members of the Faculty are recognised through the Dean’s Awards for Excellence.
Nominations were received in a number of categories, including excellence in Research, Education and Administration. Special commendation to all award participants on the high standard of the applications submitted.
Awards were officially presented by Professor Christina Mitchell, Dean, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, at the Faculty Executive meeting on Monday 9 August 2017.
Congratulations to all award recipients.
Dean’s Award for Excellence in Research Impact (Economic and Social Impact)
Professor Michael Abramson, Professor Judy Walker, Professor Malcolm Sim, Dr Matthew Carroll and the Hazelwood Health Study Project Management Group, School of Rural Health and School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine
Dean’s Award for Excellence in Research (Early Career)
Dr Eric Chow, Central Clinical School
Dean’s Award for Doctoral Thesis Excellence
Dr Jae Young Lee, Central Clinical School
Dean’s Award for Excellence in Education (Honours Supervision)
Dr Ted Brown, School of Primary and Allied Health Care
Dean’s Award for Excellence in Education (Quality of Teaching)
Dr Simone Gibson, School of Clinical Sciences
Dean’s Award for Excellence in Education (Innovation in Teaching)
- Dr Dana Wong, School of Psychological Sciences
- Dr Julia Choate & the Biomedical Professional Development team: Ms Sandra Cran, Associate Professor Janet Macaulay, Dr Maria Demaria, Ms Judi Green; School of Biomedical Sciences
Dean’s Award for Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion
Dr Rebecca Lane & the NICHE team: Ms Jo-Anne Corbett, Ms Prue Munro, Dr Adela Abu-Arab, School of Primary and Allied Health Care
Dean’s Award for Excellence in Safety
Ms Rebecca Flower, School of Biomedical Sciences
Dean’s Award for Excellence in Administration
- Ms Ruth Fantozzi, School of Clinical Sciences
- Ms Sharon Gurry, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- Physiology Practical Teaching Laboratory Officer team: Ms Barbara Smith, Ms Kushani Weerakoon, Ms Svetlana Stanojkovic, Ms Alda Retre, Ms Sofie Saleh; School of Biomedical Sciences.