Congratulations to the eight medical researchers on Highly Cited Researchers 2020 List
Congratulations to all of our researchers who have been recognised in the 2020 Highly Cited Researchers list.
The highly anticipated annual list identifies researchers who demonstrate significant influence in their chosen field or fields through the publication of multiple highly cited papers during the last decade. Their names are drawn from the publications that rank in the top 1% by citations for field and publication year in the Web of Science™ citation index.
The methodology that determines the “who’s who” of influential researchers draws on the data and analysis performed by bibliometric experts and data scientists at the Institute for Scientific Information™ at Clarivate. It also uses the tallies to identify the countries and research institutions where these scientific elite are based.
Monash Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences have eight researchers in this list for 2020, which is the same number as 2019.
- Professor Rinaldo Bellomo, Clinical Medicine from School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- Professor Rachelle Buchbinder, Cross-Field from School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- Professor Peter Gibson, Cross-Field from Central Clinical School
- Professor Charles R. Mackay, Immunology from Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute
- Professor Jamie Rossjohn, Immunology from Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute
- Professor Alex Fornito, Neuroscience and Behavior from the Turner Institute for Brain and Mental Health
- Professor Peter Fuller, Pharmacology and Toxicology from School of Clinical Sciences at Monash Health
- Professor Murat Yucel, Psychiatry and Psychology from the Turner Institute for Brain and Mental Health
In both 2019 and 2020, Professor Rachelle Buchbinder is the only female researcher on Monash’s list.
Senior Deputy Dean and Director of Research Professor Ross Coppel said that the recognition of our researchers is a great achievement.
“It is a testament to the quality of our research and our researcher’s dedication to continue to deliver impactful research, despite all of the challenges they may have faced this year.”
The full 2020 Highly Cited Researchers list and executive summary can be found online here .