Latest news on novel coronavirus
The health and wellbeing of the Monash and greater community remains the University’s key priority.
In the face of further government announcements, we've made additional changes to semester one.
Effective from Wednesday 25 March, until 30 April, we’ve suspended all on-campus education activities.
- Face-to-face attendance at lectures is no longer permitted. Lectures will only be available via livestream and as recordings, post-lecture.
- Tutorials, workshops and seminars will continue in online mode.
- All studios, labs and practicals that require in-class activity have been rescheduled until later in the year. For more information about date changes, see the infographic here.
- With the exception of the Matheson Library at Clayton and the Peninsula Campus library, Monash has closed libraries.
- Extended the services and circumstances where staff may work from home or remotely.
- Provided support for those involved in essential services that require them to be on campus.
- Provided support for staff required to care for children affected by school closures.
We remain committed to maintaining a healthy and safe University, while enabling our students to have a high-quality education with as few interruptions as possible. We’re also committed to enabling our research to be undertaken with access to the highest quality facilities and support that we’re able to provide.