About Caulfield campus

Caulfield campus history

Monash's Caulfield campus began as the Caulfield Technical School in 1922, offering courses such as carpentry to local residents. In the late 1940s, the school's numbers increased with returned ex-servicemen taking up trade courses as part of the Commonwealth Reconstruction Training Scheme. By the end of the 1950s the school had expanded further, with a junior technical high school and a senior school that offered diplomas in electrical and mechanical engineering.

The senior and junior schools were officially separated in 1958 and the senior school became the Caulfield Technical College. By the 1970s the once small, trade focused technical school had become the Caulfield Institute of Technology.

In 1982 the Caulfield Institute of Technology amalgamated with the State College of Victoria at Frankston to form the Chisholm Institute of Technology. Then, in 1990, Chisholm merged with Monash University and became Monash's Caulfield campus.

For more information, visit Monash University Records and Archives Services.

Caulfield campus statistics

Caulfield campus faculties

The campus offers a diverse range of education from five faculties and a wide range of undergraduate, graduate/postgraduate and research programs is available in many disciplines.

Monash University Caulfield campus sound shell