Making sure you always feel safe is our top priority. That’s why there are a number of initiatives in place to ensure your safety and security across every one of our campuses.
There’s an emergency number you can call if you ever need to, along with emergency help points at every campus so you can reach us if you don’t have a phone. We have a general security number too, where you can get advice, make a report or ask for a security escort. Both numbers are the same on every campus, and they’re listed on the right side of this page.
Our Security patrols
Monash Security Officers patrol our campuses 24/7 on foot, by bike and car. The team has expertise in crime prevention, investigation, surveillance, crisis and traffic management.
Security control room
Our security officers can escort you to your car, public transport, taxi pick-up points, colleges or other locations on or in the near vicinity of the campus. This free 24 hour service is available to all students and staff from anywhere on campus.
Working late and feel you may like assistance? We suggest booking in advance to avoid delays. If your escort is delayed for any reason, the Security Office will contact you.
Security and courtesy buses
Need to get around our larger campuses and to surrounding areas after dark?
Security buses run from 5.30pm till midnight, Monday to Friday, on our Clayton and Caulfield campuses, approximately every 30 minutes.
- Our Caulfield bus can take you off campus and drop you at designated points within a 2km radius of the campus
- We also run a Clayton off-campus bus from 5.30pm to 12.30am, 7 nights a week. Pick this up at our 24/7 security office and you can be dropped off wherever you want within a 2km radius.
Find pick-up and drop-off locations:
Access live feeds to find locations and see where the next bus is. You can bookmark feeds or access them through my.monash.
Download printable maps:
Emergency help points
Emergency help points (phones and intercoms) can be found on all our campuses - in an emergency, just press the button or pick up the phone to talk directly to our Security team.
Locate emergency help points:
- Caulfield emergency help points (PDF, 1.34 MB)
- Clayton emergency help points (PDF, 1.35 MB)
- Parkville emergency help points (PDF, 0.6 MB)
- Peninsula emergency help points (PDF, 1.5 MB)
Report anything suspicious
Notice something suspicious? To report it, call 9902 7777. We’ll look into it to make sure everything’s in order.
Security contact numbers
To report an emergency on campus:
- Call 9905 3333 (or dial 333 from a Monash phone)
For general security enquiries or to report something suspicious:
- Call 9902 7777 (or dial 27777 from a Monash phone) .
For urgent police, fire or ambulance help, call 000.