- ensure that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, their culture and knowledge are represented, understood and celebrated in the Monash community, and that we reach out to other Indigenous peoples in the nations in which we teach and research – Indigenous voice program;
- engage with and recruit students and staff, irrespective of any protected personal characteristic, including gender, sexuality, disability, ethnicity, race, religion or socio-economic disadvantage, to build a community that represents the diversity of our communities – diverse community;
- ensure that the University prevents discrimination, vilification, harassment, violence and any other unlawful behaviour – Respect. Now. Always. program;
- develop communities where our students and staff can build meaningful connections within and beyond the University, and find a sense of belonging in the University – inclusive community; and
- build platforms for dissemination of ideas and evidence to support informed and respectful debate, based in academic freedom and free speech, in our communities – publishing program.