Monash University’s Regulatory Framework comprises the state legislation establishing the university, the statutes and regulations made by Council, the Academic Board, and the Vice-Chancellor, the administrative and academic powers which the Council and the Vice-Chancellor delegate to committees or to specified university officers, any applicable Council resolutions and Vice-Chancellor notices and designations made pursuant to the Act and Statute, and the approved policies and procedures which specify activities, responsibilities and accountabilities in greater detail.
The Act and Regulations empower the Council, the Academic Board and the Vice-Chancellor to delegate certain of their powers, functions and activities to other officers or to committees. Management Delegations focus on who can sign contracts and other documents on behalf of the University and Human Resources functions.
- Delegations and sub-delegations of powers to sign contracts, agreements and other documents on behalf of the University (pdf 0.69MB) (staff access)
- Vice-Chancellor’s specific delegations under the Statute and the Vice-Chancellor’s Regulations (pdf 0.75MB) (staff access)
- Academic Board delegations
- Human Resources authorities and delegations (staff access)
- Financial delegations (staff access)
- Policy for Joint Approvals (staff access)
The Approvals Matrix delineates the approval boundaries between the Council, Resources and Finance Committee and the Vice-Chancellor in relation to various categories of income and expenditure, including research and consulting income, Capital Development Plan Projects, and procurement contracts.
- Approvals Matrix (pdf 463.1KB) (staff access)