Our commitment to eliminating race-based discrimination at Monash
- Support informed and respectful debate, based on academic freedom and free speech as enshrined in the Freedom of Speech and Academic Freedom Policy, to further our communities' knowledge and practice in preventing racism.
- Provide education to our students and staff across the University on what racism is and how we can address it with an intersectional lens.
- Equip students and staff with the skills to address and respond to racism.
- Ensure our teaching and learning, research and student and staff experience are culturally safe and inclusive and provide pathways of redress when our teaching and learning spaces do not live up to the standards of a safe and respectful environment.
- As a global University, produce graduates that are respectful global citizens ready to impart their knowledge and skills to support safe, inclusive communities for all peoples.
- Respond comprehensively to all forms of racism.