Strengthening Engagement and Achievement in Mathematics and Science
Strengthening Engagement and Achievement in Mathematics and Science (SEAMS) is an exciting opportunity for students to connect, interact, be inspired and discover the possibilities maths and science have to offer.
The program, run in partnership with the University of Melbourne, aims to increase equitable participation and attainment in science and maths in higher education.
Students participate in interactive workshops and academic sessions to prepare them for Maths Methods, Chemistry and Physics VCE subjects.
To be eligible for SEAMS, students must:
- Be in Year 11 or 12
- Be studying Maths Methods and Chemistry and/or Physics
- Attend a SEAMS partner school
- Be first in family to attend university, have a low income, be an Indigenous Australian, or live in a low-socio economic area
- Have parent/guardian consent
- Have application endorsed by school
Read the SEAMS student information pack.
2021 SEAMS camp
We ran the 2021 January SEAMS camp online from 18 – 20 January. Applications for the July SEAMS camp will be open in May.
|Applications open:||May 2021|