Strengthening Engagement and Achievement in Mathematics and Science
Strengthening Engagement and Achievement in Mathematics and Science (SEAMS) is an exciting opportunity for students to connect, interact, be inspired and discover the possibilities maths and science have to offer.
The program, run in partnership with the University of Melbourne, aims to increase equitable participation and attainment in science and maths in higher education.
Students participate in interactive workshops and academic sessions to prepare them for Maths Methods, Chemistry and Physics VCE subjects.
To be eligible for SEAMS, students must:
- Be in Year 11 or 12
- Be studying Maths Methods and Chemistry and/or Physics
- Attend a SEAMS partner school
- Be first in family to attend university, have a low income, be an Indigenous Australian, or live in a low-socio economic area
- Have parent/guardian consent
- Have application endorsed by school
2022 SEAMS campThe mid-year 2022 camp will be open to new and returning students.
At Monash, we'll be hosting Year 11 students from Tuesday 5 - Thursday 7 July, and the University of Melbourne will host Year 12 students from Monday 4 - Wednesday 6 July. Learn more about the SEAMS camp.
Application close: Friday 3 June