Strengthening Engagement and Achievement in Mathematics and Science
Strengthening Engagement and Achievement in Mathematics and Science (SEAMS) is an exciting opportunity for students to connect, interact, be inspired and discover the possibilities maths and science have to offer.
The program, run in partnership with the University of Melbourne, aims to increase equitable participation and attainment in science and maths in higher education.
Students participate in interactive workshops and academic sessions to prepare them for Maths Methods, Chemistry and Physics VCE subjects.
To be eligible for SEAMS, students must:
- Be in Year 11 or 12
- Be studying Maths Methods and Chemistry and/or Physics
- Attend a SEAMS partner school
- Be first in family to attend university, have a low income, be an Indigenous Australian, or live in a low-socio economic area
- Have parent/guardian consent
- Have application endorsed by school
Read the SEAMS student information pack.
2021 SEAMS camp
We'll be running the 2021 January SEAMS camp online from 18 – 20 January. Camp applications will be open to new and returning SEAMS students.
At Monash we'll be hosting Year 12 students, while University of Melbourne will host Year 11 students.
|Applications open:||Monday 12 October|
|Applications close:||Friday 13 November|
Applications for the 2021 July SEAMS camp will be open in May.