Education Academy inducts Foundation Fellows
The Monash Education Academy was officially launched by the President and Vice-Chancellor, Professor Margaret Gardner AO, on Wednesday 18 March.
Described by Professor Darrell Evans, Vice-Provost (Learning and Teaching) as an important milestone in Monash’s commitment to excellence in education, the Academy has been established to support educators in their responses to the changing needs of students.
“It was fantastic to see so many members of the Monash community at the launch - a real demonstration of support for education,” Professor Evans said.
Launch attendees heard an insightful presentation by guest speaker Dr Nicholas Monk, Associate Professor and Director of The Institute for Advanced Teaching and Learning at Warwick University as they welcomed the induction of the ten Foundation Fellows:
- Dr David Albrecht, Faculty of Information Technology
- Mr Ross Brewin, Department of Architecture
- Associate Professor Elizabeth Davis, Department of Pharmacology
- Mr Ross Hyams, Faculty of Law
- Dr Ernest Koh, School of Philosophical, Historical and International Studies
- Dr Ian Larson, Department of Pharmaceutics
- Professor Tina Overton, School of Chemistry
- Dr Graham Parr, Faculty of Education
- Associate Professor Kevin Tant, Department of Accounting and Finance
- Dr Scott Wordley, Department of Mechanical Engineering.
Each individual was specifically chosen for their dedication to and demonstration in teaching excellence, innovation and education leadership.