About Community Safety and Security
We’re here to ensure the safety, security and wellbeing of everyone in our community. Our teams work together to deliver services and programs throughout the University’s campuses.
Our Security Services provide security, surveillance, safety escorts and a crime prevention service. To find out more, see our security services page.
Safer Community Unit
The Safer Community Unit (SCU) responds to reports and disclosures of concerning, threatening and inappropriate behaviour.
If you’re going through a difficult situation, and you’re not sure who to contact, or you’ve seen concerning behaviour, you can reach out to us for help. We’re here to make sure that:
- measures are put in place to keep everyone safe
- you’re connected with appropriate support services
- you’re fully informed about your formal reporting options so that you can make decisions that are right for you
- you get help with the formal reporting process (if that’s what you decide to do).
Our teams operate in accordance with University policy and procedures. Take a look at our Community Safety and Security booklet (pdf, 1.05 mb).
Our commitment to you
At Community Safety and Security, we:
- value and respect each other and everyone we work with
- are committed to delivering exceptional service
- cultivate strong partnerships within our University community (we know our success depends on the constructive and respectful relationships we build with students and staff)
- are impartial, responsible, transparent and accountable in everything we do.