Carpooling – Rideshare
Carpooling offers low-cost on campus parking if you travel to campus with at least one other carpooler. It's also a great way to meet new people and care for the environment. By reducing the number of single occupancy vehicles coming to campus, we'll reduce greenhouse emissions and reduce parking congestion on campus.
There's over 600 carpool parking spaces at our Berwick, Caulfield, Clayton and Peninsula campuses.
The annual carpool permit is $75 per person. This fee was introduced in 2016 to better manage the carpool program and help genuine carpool users to find parking on campus. Staff and students are able to purchase half-year permits for semester two, at a reduced rate. Car pooling represents the best value for money for parking.
How carpooling works
- Create a listing on Monash Rideshare to find regular or even irregular co-travellers. Through Monash Rideshare you can search and match with people interested in carpooling near you.
- Purchase a carpool permit.
- Drive to campus with at least one other person who has purchased a carpool permit. Please ensure you read and understand the program rules below.
- Each car must enter campus with at least two people who have purchased a carpool permit.
- Carpoolers must park in the designated campus carpooling area.
- You must display at least two carpooling permits on your dashboard.
The driver and vehicle can change – just make sure you bring your carpooling permit.
Carpooling parking areas
Carpooling areas at our Berwick, Caulfield, Clayton and Peninsula campuses are marked on our campus maps, which you can download from our maps page.
Clayton carpool parking is now available on-campus at:
- West One (W1) car park at 3 Alliance Lane
- top level of South-east Four (SE4) multi-level car park at 60 Scenic Boulevard
Receiving your carpooling permit
Once you've paid for your carpool permit, you should receive it in the mail within seven days.
If you have any questions about carpooling, use ask.monash to search for answers or ask a question.