What it means for you as a Monash student
Impact 2030 is the new Monash University strategy that sets out our direction for the next decade, including how we will address global challenges for the benefit of the community. This builds on previous achievements, including from the last strategic plan, Focus Monash.
Impact 2030 is important for all members of our community and we will work collectively with our students, staff, alumni and partners to deliver to our ambition.
This is a summary of key elements of Impact 2030, including what it means for you as a Monash student.
Through excellent research and education, and the strength and diversity of our staff, students and alumni in collaboration with our partners, Monash University will meet the challenges of the age for the benefit of national and international communities.
At Monash University, you will have the opportunity to:
- Experience excellent education that equips you to meet the future demands of your chosen careers
- Undertake rich international and enterprising learning experiences through our:
- network of international campuses and partners in a global immersion program; and
- ecosystem of industry opportunities - locally, nationally and internationally - in programs for start-ups and technology and industry teams
- Contribute to understanding and advancing solutions to the challenges of our age through responding to climate change, enhancing geopolitical security and fostering thriving communities
- Develop a greater understanding of and engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and Indigenous ways of knowing
- Develop the knowledge, skills and capabilities to create, manage and respond to change
- Build strong professional and personal networks
- Belong to a diverse and inclusive community that encourages respectful discussion and debate, protects freedom of speech, and supports you to succeed academically
- Become a member of our alumni community and enjoy opportunities for mentoring, peer support and lifelong learning
Over this decade three challenges are significant for us all and global in their scale and implications. Addressing these challenges will mean drawing on our strengths in education, research, and our services, and the way we engage with our partners and communities.