Carpooling – Rideshare
Carpooling offers low-cost campus parking if you travel to campus with at least one other carpooler. It's also a great way to meet new people and care for the environment. By reducing the number of single occupancy vehicles coming to campus, we'll reduce greenhouse emissions and reduce parking congestion on campus.
This year we introduced a Monash Rideshare permit fee to deter misuse of the program and help genuine ride sharers find available parking. This carpool permit will continue in 2017 at a cost of $76. We have more than 600 carpool spaces across our Berwick, Caulfield, Clayton and Peninsula campuses, with carpooling representing the best value for money parking at Monash.
How carpooling works
- Create a listing on Monash Rideshare to find regular or even irregular co-travellers. Through Monash Rideshare you can search and match with people interested in carpooling near you.
- Purchase a carpool permit.
- Drive to campus with at least one other person who has purchased a carpool permit. Please ensure you read and understand the program rules below.
- Each car must enter campus with at least two people who have purchased a carpool permit.
- Carpoolers must park in the designated campus carpooling area.
- You must display at least two carpooling permits on your dashboard.
The driver and vehicle can change – just make sure you bring your carpooling permit.
Carpooling parking areas
Carpooling areas at our Berwick, Caulfield, Clayton and Peninsula campuses are marked on our campus maps, which you can download from our maps page.
Clayton carpool parking is now available on-campus at:
- West One (W1) car park at 3 Alliance Lane
- South East Two (SE2) car park at 54 Ancora Imparo Way
Receiving your carpooling permit
Once you've paid for your carpool permit, you should receive it in the mail within seven days.
If you have any questions about carpooling, use ask.monash to search for answers or ask a question.