Graduate research degrees
Monash IT graduate research – leading the way
Monash is the only university in the prestigious Australian Group of Eight with a faculty dedicated solely to Information Technology (IT). We are committed to producing high quality research and constantly innovating across the scope of IT.
Students who undertake graduate research degrees (PhD or MPhil) with Monash IT have access to a range of significant benefits:
- Generous scholarships and support for local and international students
- Excellent international reputation and rankings of Monash University
- Innovative supervisors who are leading experts in their fields
- World-class research centres and labs
- Partnerships with industry and professional associations
- Close community of graduate research students
- Excellent choice of location
That’s why we attract the highest number of graduate research enrollments (PhD and MPhil) of all the Group of Eight universities. Our graduate research students make significant contributions in their chosen fields. Find out more about your course options below.
The graduate research journey
Monash IT graduate research degrees (PhD and MPhil) follow the Monash Doctoral Program (MDP). The MDP blends original research with training options that support you through your research journey, and prepare you for your career.
Your research degree options
Browse the list of our completed graduate research theses and see the breadth of our graduate research projects.