Carpooling offers low-cost campus parking if you travel to campus with at least one other carpooler. It's also a great way to meet new people and care for the environment. By reducing the number of single occupancy vehicles coming to campus, we'll reduce greenhouse emissions and reduce parking congestion on campus.
For the first half of 2019, we will continue to offer carpool permits. We have 300 carpool spaces across our Caulfield, Clayton and Peninsula campuses. With a half-yearly cost of $40, a carpool permit offers the best value for money parking at Monash.
We're offering half-yearly permits as, from July 2019, we will begin trialling a new ridesharing system to enhance the ability for Monash staff and students to carpool.
This will be in place prior to the expiry of half-yearly carpool permits in July 2019. Further information will be provided in due course.
How carpooling works
- Create a listing on Monash Rideshare to find regular or even irregular co-travellers. Through Monash rideshare you can search and match with people interested in carpooling near you.
- Purchase a carpool permit
- Drive to campus with at least one other person who has purchased a carpool permit. Please ensure you read and understand the program rules below:
- Each car must enter the carpool area with at least two people who have purchased a carpool permit.
- Carpoolers must park in the designated campus carpooling area.
- You must display clearly at least two carpooling permits on your dashboard.
The driver and vehicle can change - just make sure you bring your carpooling permit.
Carpooling parking areas
Carpooling areas at our Caulfield, Clayton and Peninsula campuses are marked on our campus maps.
Clayton carpool parking is now available on-campus at:
- West One (W1) car park at 3 Alliance Lane
- South East Two (SE2) car park at 54 Ancora Imparo Way
Receiving your carpooling permit
Once you've paid for your carpool permit, you should receive it in the mail within ten working days.