Skip to content


If you're coming to a Monash campus by car or motorcycle, you'll find many clearly marked permit, metered, motorcycle, and disability spaces.

But with so many Monash students, staff and visitors, finding a space can be difficult at some campuses without a permit, and they can be hard to get if you don't get in early, especially at Caulfield.

To ease the pressure on limited spaces, consider your other options before applying for a permit, such as the free Rideshare carpooling program, public transport, cycling or walking – you could save time and money, and help the environment.

Getting your permit

You can buy or apply for a permit from our purchase parking permits page, which outlines your choices and explains where you can park, based on your permit colour.

Your choices are:

  • Blue – for students and staff (not available at Parkville, which is well served by public transport)
  • Cross campus – for students studying on more than one campus. You buy a blue permit first and exchange it for a cross-campus permit at Monash Connect.
  • Red – for staff only
  • Yellow – for departmental use (paid from faculty or department budgets)
  • Green – for senior staff only
  • VIP Blue – for honorary and adjunct staff
  • Orange – for contractors and tenants, working or operating a business on campus
  • Brown – for specific, approved tenants.


You don't need a permit but must park in the spaces reserved for motorcyclists.

Disability permits

All our campuses have convenient parking spaces for people with a disability. You apply for a disability permit through your local council and can use it across Victoria. VicRoads has more information.

Salary packaging

Staff can reduce the cost of a permit by paying for it through salary packaging.

Parking maps

Our maps page shows how to get to any Monash campus in the Melbourne area. You can also download campus maps, showing all parking areas.

Remember to read the signs, and park in the right spot to avoid a fine.

Security and traffic offices

Security and traffic offices don't handle applications for blue, cross-campus, red or green parking permits – you can buy them online from the purchase parking permits page.

Security and traffic offices only handle:

  • VIP Blue, orange or brown permit applications – download the appropriate form from the purchase parking permits and take it to your campus security and traffic office
  • Yellow permits – bought online for staff from faculty / department budgets, picked up at security and traffic office
  • Carpool permits – for Berwick, Caulfield and Peninsula (at Clayton, you only need your Monash ID after registering for carpooling)
  • Permit pouches – clear-plastic covers to protect your permit if you switch it between cars
  • Security or other parking issues – reports of theft, damage or personal security concerns

In an emergency, dial 333 from any Monash phone or 9905 3333 from any campus. If you have a general security concern, dial 53059 from a Monash phone or 9905 3059 from other phones. You can call these numbers anytime.

Otherwise, contact your campus security and traffic office directly.


Facilities and Services counter, ground floor, building 903
Tel: +61 3 9904 7215
Hours: 10am – 2pm


Security Office, level 1, building B
Tel: +61 3 9903 2211
Hours: 8am – 4.45pm


Security and Traffic, building 61
Tel: +61 3 9905 5789
Hours: 8am – 4.45pm


Security and Traffic, room G30, building 402
Tel: +61 3 9903 9999
Hours: 10am – 4pm


Security and Traffic, level 1, C block
Tel: +61 3 9904 4108
Hours: 9am – 4.30pm

Parking fines

All our campuses are subject to Victorian traffic laws (Road Safety Act and Victorian Road Rules), so please obey the road rules and signs. To avoid a parking fine:

  • obey the signs where you park
  • check the time limits on metered spaces
  • display your parking ticket or permit clearly
  • only park in a permit zone that matches your permit type
  • only park motorcycles in motorcycle zones
  • don't park in spaces for the disabled without a disability permit.
  • don't copy, modify or falsify a parking ticket or permit
  • if you drive to campus in different vehicles, put your permit in a clear plastic cover for switching between vehicles – you can get permit pouches from your campus parking office.

If you get a fine, you can't pay it on campus read the back of your notice for payment options.